“This Classic Lincoln, #KB 1303, with its V12 engine, a first for Lincoln Motor Company, is 448 cubic-inches, producing 150 horsepower at 3400 RPM. It was sold and delivered March 16, 1932 by a Long Island, NY car dealer. There were 24 Judkins Coupes built in 1932 and it is not known how many had rumble seats, but this is the only known survivor with a factory-installed rumble seat. The car rides on a 145-inch wheelbase.
“The original buyer is unknown, as is its history - until the 1950s when a young teenager spotted the car at a local service station in Connecticut, and was smitten. It was thought that the car was currently owned by a Yale student and was in need of some repairs. The young man's quest to own the car was not fulfilled at that time, but in the late 1960s he had an opportunity to purchase the car. Over the next three decades the car passed through several owners, each planning to restore and drive the car, but none reached completion until now.
“The John B. Judkins coachbuilding company was founded in the mid 1800's and became part of a rich history of horse-and-buggy coach works located around Amesbury, New England. It started designing and producing car bodies as early as 1895, and supplied to the Winton Motor Car Company. Through its subsidiary Merrimac, it also designed and built for duPont and Packard. Renowned designers Sergeant and Charles Waterhouse worked for Judkins before starting their own design house in 1928. Other noted designers, such as Ford styling John F. Dobben and former LeBaron designer R.L. Stickney, had also worked at Judkins. Besides this Jerkins coupe, Judkins had also designed the 1926 Lincoln Model L Coaching Brougham.
“This 'top-of-the-line' Judkins Coupe is equipped with the powerful 150 horsepower V12 engine, and features a convenient golf club door. This premium vehicle came at a price approximately 12 times that of the standard Ford. The recent restoration was completed just in time to celebrate the car's 75th anniversary.”